Associate Director of Enrollment Services
The campus is in full operation during the summer, populated by students, staff and faculty from a variety of programs. The university continues to offer outstanding, innovative educational programming all summer long. In addition, all of the university resources and offices are still available waiting to assist Carnegie Mellon students with academic support, health and wellness, career exploration and much more. During the summer, students have the opportunity to take exciting and enriching coursework, participate in research, work on campus or in the city, and attend a variety of local events/activities.
Check out the Summer Studies site to learn about all that the summer at CMU has to offer.
Why take summer courses at CMU?
- Enrich your academic experience by adding a minor or elective coursework
- Engage in a smaller classroom setting for an introductory course
- Stay on track to graduate in four years
- Experience the city and campus during a more relaxed time of the year
- Pursue an internship in Pittsburgh
Summer 2018 Important Dates
- May 21 - Summer One and Summer All classes begin
- June 29 - Summer One last day of classes
- July 2 - Summer Two classes begin
- August 10 - Summer Two and Summer All last day of classes
Summer Research and Programs
Carnegie Mellon offers many opportunities for academic enrichment and research during the summer months. These programs are designed to meet the academic needs of CMU students and visiting students by providing a wealth of services dedicated to academic achievement. Students have the opportunity to have a seamless educational experience that does not end in the classroom. In collaboration with other departments and organizations, these opportunities facilitate students' individual growth and development, helping them to reach and often surpass their academic goals.